Monday, September 19, 2011

Dwarves

23rd of Othen, 2734

Dwarves hate people. And hate may be too kind a word. They are completely uninterested in the things of men, and generally, the rest of the world. I have heard that they have a deep loathing for the realms above their own. As hostile as they are diggers, the Dwarves had found excuse upon excuse to refuse passage into their dominion. We all will remember King Rabish who was fool enough to attack the Dwarven city more than an age ago. If not for their hatred of the sunny sky, we would all live in a Dwarven world now... And Dwarves are very good at holding a grudge. And yet...

I received a letter from my Lanlord Goshen. It says that I am allowed to enter into the realm of the deep to seek out guidance in the library. It's... astonishing. It sounds inviting... almost urgent for me to come. What could have possessed the Dwarves to think this way...

I will set off. I do not want to delay my time there. Yet a hint of a warning seems to come to me. I must be cautious. Are they planning on making an example of me? I must chance it. Anyway that I can get another change at seeing him...

No comments:

Post a Comment