Monday, September 5, 2011

Free


22nd of Othen 2734

Finally, a breath of fresh air. I look out over the forest once more. Strange to me, seeing this world now, compared to when I first looked at Adderwain. Everything seems less certain now. Like this bubble of a town cannot possibly exist outside of the influence of the greater scheme. Standing here, where I know he walked so close makes me marvel at the ignorance it would take to ignore his presence.

They are not convinced. Though I put on a good show for all who cared to take it in, I am convinced that the head spellcaster neither believes that I am cured nor wishes to see me leave his establishment. Thankfully, the better and more sane will of the people has released me from his care. And thus, I stand now outside his door. I can still feel the judgmental stares on my back as I make my way back from the healers. There are not many people in the streets today, or maybe they just knew when I was being released. No matter. I will make my way back to the hotel to gather my belongings. Whether I head to the dwarven city or to the great libraries it matters not, I must pack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment